Crafts and Me Challenges - Use Something Yellow


Hi everyone and happy Wednesday :)

Today our new challenge over at Crafts and Me Challenges is starting. Teresa is the hostess for this week and she wants to see something YELLOW on your card / project :)

Boy this was REALLY a personal challenge for me.. I'm not so much into yellow, because I tend to go too funky and shrill when using bright colors like yellow... but I think (well at least I HOPE SO *lol*) that I managed to do a 'pretty' card this time ;-)))

For my card I used the 'Glacier Lily Fairy' stamp designed by Hannah Lynn for Crafts and Me
I also used a digi paper from a kit by Mari Koegelenberg (My Digital Art Studio) and of course I couldn't resist to use my Silhouette SD machine again ... ( I really don't know how I could ever craft without this wonderful tool before *lol*)


Here's an additional close-up of the stamped and colored Glacier Lily Fairy image
(I added a little bit of sparkle to the wings, but unfortunately it is not showing in the picture)

challenges:

card recipe:
  • stamp - Glacier Lily Fairy by Hannah Lynn for Crafts and Me
  • color medium - Tombow Dual Brush pens
  • design papers - Summer Days - Noon Picnic Paper Pack by Mari Koegelenberg 
  • tools - Silhouette SD machine
  • other supplies - digi cutting file (Silhouette store; modified), cotton lace from stash, red cardstock from stash, paper flower from Prima Marketing, yellow bling flower from CreaMotion, red floss from We'R Memory Keepers, Tim Holtz distressing tool, ColorBox pigement ink, foam pads from stash, Glue Dots, Glue Dots Lines


    ~°~ Thanks for visiting my blog ~°~
Sylvia

16 comments:

  1. It is very beautiful))) The image is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is gorgeous. You did a fantastic job with a difficult colour and I love, love, love that image. Hugs Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card :D I love that yellow embellishment :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty. You did a fantastic job using yellow!

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very positively! I am in a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sylvia this is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, die Karte sieht fantastisch aus... Wow!!

    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful card!))) Warm spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful detail. Looks time consuming to me ! ! Beautiful coloring you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow wow wow Sylvia I love how you used the colours on this stunning card...beautiful bright and zings off the page...perfect
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sylvia this is both beautiful and vibrant, what gorgeous colours gives the illusion of fire, gorgeous design and image I love this big time.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh the yellow looks amazing - it doesn't look like you had any trouble at all with it. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I hope to see you again, soon :)
Sylvia xx