Wishes of a Happy Birthday

Hi everyone and Happy Easter :)

*woohoo*.. I created another card.. two cards in two days in a row.. unbelievable ;-)

After visiting Annika's blog a few days ago where I saw her GORGEOUS mermaid with black hair (she did it for the current Make It Colourful challenge), I absolutely wanted to try to do black hair myself  - I think I've never done black hair before!

BTW: You absolutely should go and take a look at Annika's work on her blog, if you don't know her by now.. she's one of the most talented AND super sweet people I ever met in 'blog land'!

And as you may know I don't own any Copics...so it was a bit difficult for me, because there are TONS of tutorials for black hair using Copics around blog land but I've never seen one for Tombows or even watercolor pencils (and that's what I have *lol*)

So the only thing I could do was just give it a try ;-))) and this is my result ... anything but perfect ... but I think it's ok for the first attempt ...

challenges:

card recipe:
  • stamps - Rock Chick by KennyK (Whimsy Stamps), Party Mini Letter Seals by Raindrop Echo Designs (Whimsy Stamps)
  • color mediums - Tombow Dual Brush pens, Mondeluz watercolor pencils
  • patterned papers - Ambrosia by Basic Grey
  • tools - Silhouette SD machine, Big Shot
  • other supplies - black cardstock from stash and American Crafts, purple cardstock from stash, Nestabilities classic and scalloped circles, div. cutting files for Silhouette SD machine, selfadhesive crystals from stash, paper piecing tool from stash, Sakura white gel pen, foam pads from stash, Glue Dots

~°~ Thanks for visiting my blog ~°~
Sylvia

21 comments:

  1. This is beautiful love the colours you have used, the DP is gorgeous.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous card ,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Sylvia
    Das ist doch perfekt geworden, die schwarzen Haare sehen genial aus! Ich habe das gleiche "Problem" und getraue mich auch nicht an die schwarze Distress Farbe für die Frisur...
    Ich sende dir liebste Ostergrüessli, bis bald
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Beautiful colours and a lovely image!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really striking card. Love the colour combo and the bling. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sylvia! Your black hair looks fab, would never know it was a first attempt. I guess copics make it easier so that fact that you didn't use them makes it even better!
    Thanks for playing with us at Make It Colourful. Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty she came out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how KennyK is now digital stamps - must have got tired of siggy tags LOL

    love your card Sylvia!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card! Your colouring looks great and the hair is just right! Thanks for joining us for the Glitter and Shine challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie this is just stunning, loving the colours and a fab images too hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! You've done a fantastic job on the black hair.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1 - you're SO right about Annika (i love that girl!)
    2 - your black hair attempt is fantastic, whether it's a first time or a dozenth time! i think it turned out great, and i am sure you'll be rocking lots more of it (i am somewhat addicted myself).
    3 - thanks for playing along at Make it Colourful! love your style! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. And you keep saying I'M good...well every time I try and "do Silvia's luminous subtlety and soft glowing skin" I fail miserably.
    Just. Cannot. Manage. It.
    I guess we all have our strong and weak points, lol
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did an amazing job!! I especially love her face ; )
    Gorgeous!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sylvia, you did an amazing job with your coloring! Your image is really a great one to play with & practice with all the open lines. I have to agree 100% with you about annika - super sweet and amazingly talented! thanks so much for joining us at make it colourful this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super creation hun!
    Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, good luck with the draw!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous sweet creation thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a chall this time. good luck..

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and you did a fabulous job on her hair! I super duper love her make-up - I'm going to take tips from you as I've never been able to pull this off to my liking yet. Great layout and fun embellishments too. Thanks for playing along in the Little Miss Muffet challenges this round! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous work!
    Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Stamps!
    With best wishes,
    Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Am amazed that this is your first attempt at black hair it looks fabulous, no surprise that ypu have been inspired by Annika she has an amazing talent and is an inspriation to us all, Thanks for joining us at MIC.

    hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful image, wonderfully coloured! Thank you for playing with the Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I hope to see you again, soon :)
Sylvia xx