Enjoy This Day


Hi everyone and happy Saturday :)
Today I have a bright and sunny card to share!
I made this one for the Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World
Obviously, I did not use the lavender shades from the trigger photo ;-) and I also did not use stripes. But the patterned paper on the left side of my card has such a lovely gradient (ombre) color in the background, so I thought it would be perfect for this challenge. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch that lovely ombre effect properly in my photo :-/
I also was inspired by the butterfly that sits on top of the cake - so I added some butterflies to my card, too :)
I did something new (to me) on this card: I stamped the bold butterflies in yellow inks and cut them out.
Then I noticed, that the yellow was way too bright for the patterned paper. So I did some coloring over the inks with a muted orange Tombow marker, to match the colors in the patterned papers.
Wasn't sure at the beginning if this will work, but I am really pleased with the result :)
Not sure if you can see it in the picture, but the small yellow-orange strip of patterned paper was put on teeny tiny bits of dimensional foam pads for a little more interest.
Wishing you all a fantastic weekend!
  
Hallo zusammen und Euch allen einen wunderschönen Samstag :)
Heute zeige ich Euch eine helle und sonnige Karte!
Die habe ich für die Tuesday Trigger Inspirations Challenge auf Moxie Fab World gemacht. 
Es ist offensichtlich das ich hier nicht das Lila aus dem Trigger Foto übernommen habe ;-) Auch habe ich keine Streifen auf meiner Karte. Aber das gemusterte Papier auf der linken Seite hat einen wunderschönen Farbverlauf (Ombre) im Hintergrund. Ich fand, das es einfach perfekt zum Inspirationsfoto passt. Leider war ich nicht in der Lage den wirklich hübschen Ombre Effekt in meinem Foto naturgetreu wieder zu geben :-/
Zudem hat mich der Schmetterling inspiriert, der da so oben auf der Torte thronte - also habe ich ebenfalls Schmetterlinge auf meiner Karte :)
Ich habe hier etwas ganz Neues ausprobiert: Ich habe nämlich die Schmetterlinge zuerst mit gelber Stempelfarbe abgedrückt und sie dann ausgeschnitten. Dann habe ich aber festgestellt, dass das gelb viel zu hell war und gar nicht zum gemusterten Papier gepasst hat. Also habe ich einfach einen leicht orangefarbenen Tombow Stift genommen und über die Stempelfarbe drüber koloriert um die Farben anzupassen.
Ich war im Vorfeld wirklich unsicher, ab das wohl funktionieren würde, aber nun bin ich doch recht zufrieden mit dem Ergebnis :)
Ich bin nicht sicher, ob man es auf dem Foto gut erkennen kann, aber den schmalen gelb-orange Streifen gemustertes Papier habe ich auf klitzekleine Stückchen 3D Pads gesetzt.
Ich wünsche Euch allen ein fantastisches Wochenende!



Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger:



Edited to add
*** Thank You ***
(post #16)


    Supplies


    Challenges


~°~ Thanks for visiting my blog ~°~
Sylvia

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy This day, too, Sylvia and every other day too, love your card hun, so zesty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love reading how you were inspired...love how you think outside of the box. your card is simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card from how you tied in to the ombre paper to raising up the little strip of paper. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a very nice job on this card! It is so pretty and clean. Just feels like Summer. Great job and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple-looking card but its very striking and effective.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so schön!
    Das Papier und die Farben sind der Hammer!
    LG
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is pretty cute how you focused on the butterfly accents to that Trigger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sylvia! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I hope to see you again, soon :)
Sylvia xx