Home Sweet Home

Hi my sweet blogging friends and happy Saturday :-)

Hope you all will have a wonderful weekend! It's raining again over here and we have our SAR dog training in the afternoon.. hope I will not be soaked to the skin afterwards ;-) 

Here's a card I made yesterday. I wanted it saying 'Home, sweet Home' but I don't have a stamp with that saying. So I rifled through my stamps until I found two clear stamp sets with two sentiment stamps:
One saying 'How Sweet' (from MFT) and the other one with 'you make me feel right at home' (from Hero Arts). Then I just inked up the words I needed ('home' and 'Sweet') and created my 'Home Sweet Home' sentiment ;-)

(sorry, had to take the picture offline, since it will be published in 'Create: Stamping Idea Book' in February 2012 - the picture will be back here on my blog in March 2012 :-) )

The House was stamped, colored and cut out trimming closely and then put on some foam tape for dimension. I also did the 'simple' variant of faux stitching (w/o poking holes) here and I repeated stamping the little tulip to create the flower row.

Enough babbled... have a great weekend everyone! 

ETA: This card was published in CREATE: Stamping Idea Book 2012 (p.33)

card receipe:
  • stamps - 'Whimsical House' by Hero Arts, clear stamp set from My Favorite Things
  • coloring medium - Tombow Dual Brush pens, Sakura white gel pen
  • cardstock - Bazzill kraft cardstock
  • other supplies - blue bakery twine from The Twinery, foam tape from stash
challenges:

~°~ Thanks for visiting my blog ~°~
Sylvia

12 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the way "home sweet home" is stamped. Wish you all the luck at the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and it just makes you feel happy. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Sylvia.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sylvia, thanks for joining us at DDSC.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super sweet little house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! I love the little house and how it pops up off the page; and then the little matching flowers. Thanks for joining us at DDSC this week. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super CAS card.Love the vibrant colours and touches of white.Thanks for joining us at DDSC.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous CAS card. Thank you so much for joining us at DDSC this week! Hugs. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, lovely coulour choice. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sylvia, what a gorgeous CAS card. I love the sweet images and beautiful sunshine colours. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely fab! love the whole design on kraft, and those pops of white are just perfect! thanks so much for joining the Charisma Galz this week, and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super C&S card. Loved the 3D pop up.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT US CRAZY
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I hope to see you again, soon :)
Sylvia xx