be merry

Hi my sweet blogging friends and happy Sunday :-)
I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Today I want to show you a christmas card.


I just {heart}  this cute and fun 'Gruffy Little Gnome' by Meljen's. This stamp image is available as digital stamp as well as in rubber!  I colored him using Tombows and watercolor pencils and highlighted parts with a white gel pen. Then I cut him out, trimming closely and put him on foam tape.

The patterned papers are from the adorable kit 'Santa's Little Helpers' by KimB Designs. For all of you who don't want to stamp and color themselves: She has some super cute and whimsical elements (like a Santa and his helper and trees etc.  in this kit. I think it's really worth to at least take a peak at it here

And here's a close up where I hope you can see the cut out gnome and trees and the dimension a bit better:

Ohhhh.... and did you notice: there is REAL sewing on this card ;-))))
*yeah* I got a mini sewing machine recently and this was my first try using it :D 

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday and hope you'll have a great start into the new week!

card receipe:
  • stamps - Whimsy Stamps 'Gruffy Little Gnome' by Meljen's (available as digi or rubber), Hero Arts  ('Merry')
  • coloring medium - Tombow dual brush pens, Mondeluz watercolor pencils, Sakura white gel pen
  • patterned papers - Santa's Little Helpers by KimB Designs
  • tools - AEG mini sewing machine
  • other supplies - red cardstock from stash, foam pads from stash, Glue Dots, Doodlebug rub ons
challenges:



~°~ Thanks for visiting my blog ~°~
Sylvia

26 comments:

  1. Love your card!!! It's so bright and cute!! And the gnome is too nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!!!! What an awesome image and the little trees are so sweet!!!!! Fabulous job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sylvia, I hope you are well :)
    I love your card, perfect colouring, fab papers & the stitching is fab!
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI sweetie this is stunning i LOVE these colours, i love this image look at his face, hugs pops x xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card such a fab image,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, bright holiday card -
    that grumpy gnome is too funny - and your stitching is the perfect finishing touch! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How freakin' cute is that. I love it! I need that image in my collection. Great job. Thanks for joining us this week at fab n funky. Hope you will join is again.

    Hugs
    Alexis
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so Adorably Cute! Love that little gnome. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is darling! Wonderful coloring/shading, and I love the stitching.

    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is tooooo cute, Sylvia! What a fabulous Christmas card...love, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card :) Thanks for joining us at cupcakes this week and good luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card Sylvia, so beautiful. The image is so cute!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sylvia, wow your first time stitching is fabulous!! I must get a small machine myself and try it! A great card and I love your colouring too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I have to go look at this digi stamp right now! I just started using the digi's and I am getting addicted!

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card - such a fun image! lol
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the card is very cute! keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic card! Just love the image!!! Great coloring and lovely details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card, and your coloring is awesome! Thank you for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The coloring is so neat! CUTE image, CUTE card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card love that grumpy looking elf to and your colouring. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, the image is adorable and coloured so beautifully its just perfect for our challenge

    Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,

    I also have some calorie free candy if you are interested

    Good Luck with the challenge

    Hugs Bridget :0) x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this Sylvia!! His attitude is sooo funny! Amazing stitching and I can't wait to see you using your new machine again and again : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my this is to cute.
    That image is adorable, and your colouring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous creation and perfect for our Christmas is Coming Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have new candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute image... love the funny face and what perfect colouring.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah!! I absolutely adore this card!
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La la with your Xmas creation; We hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I hope to see you again, soon :)
Sylvia xx