{DT} - celebrate the moment

Hi everyone and happy Sunday :-)

Welcome to our next installment of The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan Challenge.
This next two weeks we want you to create 'something birthday' - I guess that's not too difficult, is it? ;-)

I created a card where I did some experimenting by mixing up styles that normally aren't used together *g* 
I started with a 'shabby, vintage' looking background by choosing a blue floral background paper from 'The Sun Will Come Out' by Sugarplum Paperie and then distressed it with Walnut Stain Distress inks to give it that little shabby look. I also used my beloved seam binding and pearls, which normally is associated with the vintage look.

But I then ran a little crazy with some doodling ;-)  I recently discovered the blog from a super talented German lady: Janna Werner's Papiersalat. And she does doodling all the time and it looks so beautiful!
Well.. I also did some doodling myself .. ages ago .. but however, I totally went off of this when I began doing more cute cards a few years ago. But now that I've seen it again I wanted to incorporate some doodling into my card. Thanks for the inspiration, Janna :-)

If you are following me for some time now, you should know that I love experimenting and doing unexpected things ;-)  And even though this really is a crazy mix of styles, I kind of like the result, although. And I hope you like it a bit, too :-)


 
and a close up 
(Where you can see that I have to practice doodling a little bit, because I made a little mistake with the circle doodling around the sentiment. But well, I think that's doodling: nothing perfect, but fun :-) )



card recipe:
  • stamps - Whimsy Stamps  'Birthday Letter Seals' rubber stamps by Raindrop Echo Design
  • coloring medium - Tombow Dual Brush pens, Sakura black and white gel pens, Distress inks in Broken China and Walnut Stain
  • patterend papers and flower element - 'The Sun Will Come Out' by Sugarplum Paperie
  • other supplies - Sew Sweet white crinkled seam binding, Kaisercraft orange rhinestones and blue halfpearl, Fiskars border punch, foam tape from stash

challenges:


~°~ Thanks for visiting my blog ~°~
Sylvia

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Sylvia.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wunderschön ist die Karte!

    GLG Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sylvia this is really stunning!!!!! Your experiment turned out just Fabulous!!!!! I love that bow too!!!!! Excellent work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaabsolut schööön!!!

    Grüsschen
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! So pretty and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noch so ein zauberhaftes Kärtchen liebe Sylvia.
    Es sieht toll aus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sylvia--what a pretty birthday card. I love the CAS look!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Firends challange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely birthday card...NICE look! Thanks for sharing at Speedy the Cat' s challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful...i love the gems on the cake...lovely...thanks for joining us at just some lines orange and light blue challenge

    Tina
    dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sylvia, great job!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining our color challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and so beautifully photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great card I love the layout and the way you have used the gems on those candles :D
    Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely stunning Sylvia! Thanks so much for sharing with our challenge at JUST SOME LINES:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. CUTE!!
    Thanks for playing with us @ Just Some Lines!

    Love, Laura JSLDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I hope to see you again, soon :)
Sylvia xx